Sunday, May 14, 2006

Campaign Middle East, what is that?

After months of trying to understand what Campaign stands for, I have come to this conclusion: It is the media's equivalent of Kerrang! magazine. In short, garbage.

Yes, I know that I've given them the thumbs up in the past. But really, the kind of trash I read in their pages is something that you are most likely to see in a rock magazine.. or even a blog like this.

so and so calls a spade a fucking spade

I mean, really? You absolutely had to use that language? Hey, don't look at me, I use it all the time. It just depends on who you're talking to, eh? Let me put it differently, I don't want such a casual relationship with Campaign. I just want someone to tell me what's going on and hammer those who need some hammering. I don't want you to be my buddy. I don't want to go drinking with "The Spin" and I sure as hell don't care for your editorial staff.

But, hey.. it works for people here. So, where's the problem?

3 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Try reading Communicate. Sadly it's only out monthly, but it's one hell of a more interesting read.

May 14, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger Dubai Media Observer said...

I have yet to get myself to read it. I am pretty much disappointed with just about every other publication here.

I'll pick up a copy tomorrow and see what's in it. Thanks.

May 14, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

That's the biggest problem with Communicate, its distribution (despite, as I understand it, the best effort of the editorial staff) is really limited. It turns up in the most bizarre newsagents, then you won't see it for months.

The best place to nearly always definitely get a copy are the Prof Woody kiosks around Dubai Media City.

Also if you contact them directly, you can probably be put on their circulation list.

May 15, 2006 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home