Wednesday, June 07, 2006

DMO gets mentions, among other things..

DMO is very excited to get mentions in Gulf News, quoting the Snafi post! It seems that Flip guys are so excited I gave them a thumbs up that they added this to their blogroll. Wow.

Okay, moving on. I just noticed a Pathfinder billboard on the SZR. Certainly different (they have stuff that looks like it's glued onto the billboard). It sure caught my attention, but I didn't like it much. It just looks like clutter. It's good to be creative, but this particular billboard just looked noisy.

6Days has an ad for an Indian restaurant on the Letter to Editor page. Right above it, a snapshot from a previous issue of 6Days about contaminated food, with the word 'CONTAMINATED'. They both are more or less the same colors (the ad and the snapshot).

Something tells me that this should be avoided. How about some coordination between advertisers and publication to ensure that the advert doesn't come up in the wrong place? Shouldn't this be obvious? If I want to sell food, I don't want it next to an article about contaminated food! If I were McDonald's, I don't want to be mentioned next to an article on obesity.. etc.

All publishers should have one person, who is in charge of ensuring that advertising clients' interests are kept at heart when placing their ads. Don't put it in the wrong place! It makes you look stupid. It definitely should make your client upset.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but as it was related to getting a media mention I thought this might be best! Can you get in contact me with me (I couldn't find your address) thanks, John at Discuss Dubai Forums

October 04, 2006 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home