Sunday, September 03, 2006

Masafi juices and nutrition facts

Today marks the first time I actually purchase one of Masafi's juice drinks. I didn't like their adverts. The artwork was poor and it simply didn't excite me. Their water outdoor ads were great. The fruit juice ads were just.. boring.

You know what won me over though? They are perhaps the only GCC-based company that includes the nutrition facts label on the bottle. Amazing, isn't it? I am totally baffled that this is not law. I'm not a health freak, but something about putting things into my system without knowing its content doesn't sit very well with me. I simply do not buy anything without nutrition facts.

Are those facts accurate? Who knows.. but that's not the point. It tells me that Masafi know what they're putting in those bottles. Perception is everything, isn't it?

Congratulations Masafi.. now I not only buy your water exclusively (still mineral water), but should I want to have a bit of juice, it's going to have to be Masafi. As for your 'Think fruit'.. think again.

Tags: / /

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try the Masafi orange juice? Anyone can stick any label on a bottle , the content has to be good. I didn't like masafi orange juice.

September 03, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Dubai Media Observer said...

Actually, the one I have tried was orange juice. It wasn't bad -- different people have different tastes.

You are right, anyone can put a label, but the perception is key here. When you put a label, you are telling people that this is not done in a little kitchen in Karama. Accuracy of content is a whole other issue (and outside the scope of this blog).

September 03, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

If you get a chance can you email me? Wanted to mention something to you un-publically (nothing serious, just cool!)

Do it from anon address/fake name whatever, I'm on [secretdubai] at Gmail.

September 05, 2006 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to figure out what their latest ad campaign is all about. A soda can crying with masafi written next to it. Any guesses?

September 05, 2006 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coca Cola and Pepsi are great brands; as luck would have it, the perception is also good.

Colas contain Phosphoric Acid, which is extremely harmful.

The cup of tea in a small cafeteria in Karama is a lot better when compared to the bottled/canned poisonous fizz.

DMO, taste doth differ. I agree.
Good quality is also a perception. Almost all Media business in Dubai is also about creating and sustaining perceptions.

September 06, 2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

The cup of tea in a small cafeteria in Karama

Better than coke, but any syrup-sweet tea and fruit juices are pretty dodgy in a region with soaring diabetes and obesity.

Fruit juice is far less healthy than people think. It's better to eat whole fruit. If you must drink fruit juice, never buy the sweetened variety, try to limit your consumption, and try to dilute it if you can. Vegetable juice is healthier, though not so nice, and again, still not as good as whole vegetables.

September 06, 2006 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the one fruit juice ad with the arrow through the apple juice on the guy's head...kinda clever.

September 07, 2006 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home